Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: security not a big priority?

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:31:24 +1100

Security should be risk related. You need to be able to define the risks
and the costs of both implementing a solution or accepting the risk.
This should be based on economic cost.

To be effective, you need to work with the other teams and look at ways
to enable projects in a secure manner.

There are nearly always solutions. From your perspective, the start
looks like education. People need to understand the risks and this is
something you can start to address with little cost or comparitive
effort.

Regards,
Craig