Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: security not a big priority?

From: "Nhon Yeung" <Nhon.Yeung () cranegroup com au>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:25:58 +1100

Francois
I'm assuming the long list of things to do are security problems that you have found or enhancements you would like to
put in.
One way of approaching this is to, create a policy for the desired state, so that things don't occur rather than retro
fit everything you got listed. Sure create that list but put it in a risk register and make sure your manager accepts
the risk. That way he would think twice before passing it. It'll keep if you can quantify the risk from a business
point of view as management would be more receptive to this than just technicals.
At least this way you can set guiding principals in which the network guys could work and prevent the same problems
happening everytime.
Sick at it, and if something happens and you've captured it you'll be the one saying i told you so :)
Nhon