Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: security not a big priority?

From: "Alexander Bolante" <alexander.bolante () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:27:13 -0700

You shouldn't come up with a solution without first finding a problem.
See if doing a risk assessment or security risk analysis of some sort
is a viable option for your University.

You're right. Getting buy-in from Upper Management will always be an
uphill battle because they essentially care about one thing -- the
bottom line. The problem is they also shouldn't claim what they can't
technically prove. If Management can prove the University is safe from
any real threats, what evidence are they basing their claims on and
where are they getting their information?

Good luck! Cheers!
Alexander