Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Value of certifications

From: "Nathalie Vaiser, RFC, FMM" <nat () ultraservice com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:25:07 -0400

At 04:17 PM 4/25/2007, you wrote:

Keep in mind that a move could be in anyone's future, given the modern
work climate.  I would encourage the original poster to skip the
Security+ and go for the CISSP.  That is what I am doing.  (I am also
going to probably attempt the GIAC/GSEC as well, since I will be
taking that SANS course this summer.  :)

Brad

Hi guys,

What would be recommend for someone who is fairly new to the IT-world and has a strong interest in security?

The CISSP requires 4 or 5 years of related work experience.

Would Security+ be recommended in that case? Or is there another suggestion?

Thanks
Nathalie