Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: No NetBios share + No Open Port = Safe Win98?

From: "Robert D. Holtz - Lists" <robert.d.holtz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:36:24 -0500

I would definitely look into one of the software based firewall products.

Better still would be a small firewall appliance that would sit between your
ADSL box and you inside network.  I use the Symantec Gateway Appliance
myself.

Since you're running '98 your options may be limited when it comes to a
software based firewall.

Just my $.02 ...