Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Using Web mail (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) for Business mails

From: "Robert D. Holtz - Lists" <robert.d.holtz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:53:37 -0500

GMail offers encryption for both web access and POP access.

Use https://mail.google.com while traveling and then POP it to get all of
your correspondence off of goggle's servers when you have your thick client
running.

Since a great deal of shops these days are running Exchange you could use
OWA (Outlook web access) via SSL.

AFAIK most other mail servers should offer port 443 access to your mail box.