Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Using Web mail (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) for Business mails

From: "Henry Troup" <HenryT () watchfire com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:34:35 -0400

I'd add a third - corporate information is potentially archived in a place not under corporate control, and not under
corporate policies.  There are two risks there, of disclosure and non-disclosure:

- disclosure through the webmail provider
- non-disclosure during legal discovery

Either one could be trouble.

Also, of course, if you have corporate full-text search and so on, that information is not going to be in the public
set.

Henry Troup
Watchfire Corporation