Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Using Web mail (hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) for Business mails

From: Kenton Smith <listsks () yahoo ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:03:56 -0700 (PDT)

I think they're all worth considering (or I wouldn't have sent them).
My comments were intended to be very general because the original poster was very general in his request for
information. Of course an unsecured mail server is not going to be any better than a public mail server. However I was
basing my comparisons on using a public mail server vs. a correctly secured and configured private mail server. I would
hope that if a company was considering the security of a free mail service, they'd do the same if they were
implementing their own corporate mail server.