Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How can I track this down?

From: "Gino T. Genari" <techman1 () scinet-test gov>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:38:10 -0400

I am not so sure this is a MAC address belonging to a CISCO device. Accoring to IEEE
http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml
That starting mac address belongs to the company listed below, not Cisco. This company makes modems and WiFi devices.

00-90-96   (hex) ASKEY COMPUTER CORP.
009096     (base 16) ASKEY COMPUTER CORP.
2F, NO. 2, LANE 497
CHUNG-CHENG RD., HSIN-TIEN
TAIPEI  23136
TAIWAN, REPUBLIC OF CHINA