Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How can I track this down?

From: "Burton Strauss" <Burton () FelisCatus org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:54:43 -0500

That's almost certainly a MAC address - check the IEEE OUI site
(http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml) and you'll see the 1st 6
are assigned:

00-90-96   (hex)                ASKEY COMPUTER CORP.
009096     (base 16)            ASKEY COMPUTER CORP.
                                2F, NO. 2, LANE 497
                                CHUNG-CHENG RD., HSIN-TIEN
                                TAIPEI  23136
                                TAIWAN, REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Find their web site
http://www.askey.com.tw/eportal/globalweb/index.jsp?language=en

Now you (sort of) know what to look for...

My bet?  Somebody installed a pirate wireless access point...

-----Burton