Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: About War Driving ..

From: joetech691 () yahoo com
Date: 1 Dec 2006 15:48:54 -0000

I'll give this a shot (answering a question that is).

1) Block the Torrent ports and websites.

2) Lower the signal strength of your AP so it's bare minimum of what you need for company work.

3) Find his MAC address, have some scanning software alert you when he's on, and then hack his box. Of course, you
could block his MAC address unless he's changing it all the time. Initially he might not be, but write it down and do
some research on what brand of item he has using the first digits (I think it's 4) of the MAC address. That narrows his
equipment down.

Just some thoughts. If I'm wrong PLEASE let me know. If I'm correct then let me know too. I'm working on this security
stuff.

Thanks,
DewMan