Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Password Storage

From: "Krpata, Tyler" <tkrpata () bjs com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:48:36 -0400

Are you talking about passwords for shared accounts, I assume? If so,
this question is a symptom of a different problem altogether.

Otherwise, if you're talking about individual accounts, asking users to
maintain separate passwords on many systems is a recipe for distaster.
Some kind of centralized authentication solution is useful in these
cases.