Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: malware block my PC for to enter in internet, possible?

From: Mike Fetherston <mike_sha () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:15:41 -0400

Try to determine if your PC can communicate on the network.  Open a command
prompt run 'ipconfig /all' and write down your gateway address.  Then try to
'ping' that address.  If you get responses back then your computer can
communicate on the network and your problem lies in software.  If no
response, check your cabling and network card.

Mike Fetherston