Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: malware block my PC for to enter in internet, possible?

From: Jonathan Loh <kj6loh () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:54:24 -0700 (PDT)

You should ask your local sysad or whoever is responsible for assigning IP
addresses.  I am behind a nat but my ip is neither 10.x.x.x nor 192.x.x.x, nor
is it 169.x.x.x.

--- northteam () hotmail com wrote:
There should be command promt screen then. Type ipconfig and check out the IP
address. If thats something else than 169.x.x.x the computer is connected to
network. If the ip is 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x the network is behind NAT (those
ranges used normally but there could be others too).