Security Basics mailing list archives

Réf. : Re: malware block my PC for to enter in internet, possible?

From: benoni.martin () externe bnpparibas com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:34:16 +0200

Hi !

Maybe the easiest way to find the trouble is to "tracert / traceroute" any
IP on the Internet, letting you know where the problem lies :
misconfiguration of Firefox (proxy ?), DNS server down or unreachable, ...

But, as lino70 pointed out, more informations would be appreciated to send
you a more accurate reply :),

Extranet
mlists () shadow-security net - 21/04/2006 18:14

Pour :  lino70
cc :    security-basics
Objet : Re: malware block my  PC for to enter in internet, possible?

lino70 () interfree it wrote:
HEllo to all users and a Securityfocus Admins...  I have a big problem:
I think that I have to take a malware or others malicious code on the
internet, and after this I have scanned my computer with a many removal
and security tools how Adaware,Spybot S&D,Stinger ecc... I have removed 3
malware from my computer but remaing a big problem... I cant connect my pc
on internet   :(  My web browser firefox say me 'I cant contact a server'
What i can to make for resolve this problem ?? thanks

Don't leave your confidential company and customer records un-protected.

Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprise(TM) for 30 days for FREE with no
obligation. See why so many companies trust Spy Sweeper Enterprise to
eradicate spyware from their networks.
FREE 30-Day Trial of Spy Sweeper Enterprise

http://www.webroot.com/forms/enterprise_lead.php

We're likely to need more information than that.

How do you connect to the Internet? Dial-up? DSL? PPPoE? Bridged?

Does your computer connect directly with your modem?

Do you have a firewall?

Are there any other computers connecting via the same Internet Connection?
    If so, are they able to connect?

Do you have a virus protection system on your computer? Is it up to
date? Have you run a scan with it?

When did the problem first occur?

We're all happy to help, but you have to help us help you.

Regards,

Sh4d03