Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: prohibiting visitors from connecting to network

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () stjoelive com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:57:05 -0500

Doh! I thought I said that! Oh well, I do like the options you put forward
though.

At any rate, MAC address filtering combined with a login scheme of some kind
- RADIUS is free enough, depending on your situation - should prove to be a
good start. No SINGLE security option is going to work for a determined
attacker, or someone who gets physical access to a trusted resource. It's
always best to start SOMEWHERE and build upon it.