Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: prohibiting visitors from connecting to network

From: "McKinley, Jackson" <Jackson.McKinley () team telstra com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:12:43 +1000

Easyest way to do this is to just turn off the outlets isnt it?

Jump on your edge switchs and disable any port that isnt needed by an
employee.

Ive never seen the point in trying to secure a DNS server in this manner
all it takes is 2min on ethereal and you can have the DHCP scope and
just ping sweep for an unused IP..