Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: prohibiting visitors from connecting to network

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:36:46 -0700

Try http://www.funk.com/ Funk Odyssey. It might help you.

My company is looking for a way to prohibit visitors
to our offices from connecting a laptop to a network
port and gaining access to our network.  We have
policies in place prohibiting employees from allowing
this, and have network jacks in our conference
roomsthat are on a seperate VLAN that allows only
access to the Interent.  We still have problems with
visitors connecting to the network.  In one case an
infected laptop started spreading a virus in the
network.
--
In Peace,
Saqib Ali