Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Steps to avoid Social Engineering

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:14:30 +0800

You can always use caller id, primarily. And of course, have them give out
information that only they can provide, but at the same time, fairly
non-intrusive. So you can't ask them the password, because me myself won't
give to anyone, being security-conscious. You can ask them about their
billing information, like the verification code at the back of their credit
card, or the last n digits of their SSN.

The possibilities are endless. The chief thing that you must remember is not
to be gullible enough to be fooled. Even the latest and greatest
technoogical and interrogative methods to avoid social engineering won't
help if you believe and follow everything you are told.

It's just like web-based authentication. Always assume that the user (and
all external sources) may (and can) input bad data, so you have to make sure
you are prepared to handle it.

KAILANGAN NAMIN ANG INYONG TULONG upang
labanan ang spam o junk mail. Ikaw ba ay
may blog, livejournal, o kahit na anong
website?  Maaari lamang na pumunta sa
http://filipino.spampoison.com/ para sa mas
maraming impormasyon kung paano ka