Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Steps to avoid Social Engineering

From: Times Enemy <times () krr org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:40:15 -0700

Greetings.

I like the use of the Patriot Act.  :)

Also, a lot of these "fixes" are dependent on the environment(s), and as
such, require customizations and/or common sense.

A personal favorite of mine is to ask a bogus question ..., "Yes, before
i give you that information needed to utterly ruin my clients existence,
may i please have your S.U.C.K.A #?"  ... [ click ].

.times enemy

David wrote:

Contact someone you know at the third company and ask them for a list of
people who could potentially be contacting you for access. Then have
them register themselves with an account with a user ID and password.

Or, alternately, you could use a provision of the Patriot Act and report
them as terrorist spies. If they survive the trip to Lebanon for torture
and their stay in Guantanamo Bay and successfully make it back then they
are probably OK.