Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Mac X-Server Security Questions...

From: "Brad Berson" <brad.berson () bytebrothers org>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:01:49 -0400

Great stuff, Javier, thank you.  More info to read!!!

I probably need to watch my wording more carefully here.  First the
workstation vs server thing, now the "hardware vs software firewall"
thing.  You're absolutely correct, it's all software; the idea behind my
remark was simply that a firewall on the host is not going to be as
robust.  Sadly we know that bloody well everything has vulnerabilities.

No question a dual border DMZ is a great idea, though probably overkill
for some.

Sorry about the apparent bashing but I'm really frustrated with vendors
this week, and the last thing I needed to hear is that I can't be helped
because something's not supported.

-Brad

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
professionals.  Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
Information Security offered online.  Recognized by the NSA as an
academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en