Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Mac X-Server Security Questions...

From: John Jasen <jjasen () realityfailure org>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:07:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Brad Berson wrote:

Step 5.  Watch with no surprise as log file fills with evidence of intrusion
attempts. Then reel in horror one hour later as log file fills with evidence of SUCCESSFUL intrusion attempts from an IP belonging to a school in Greece.

How? What did the logs say? What service?

--
-- John E. Jasen (jjasen () realityfailure org)
-- No one will sorrow for me when I die, because those who would

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security professionals. Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in Information Security offered online. Recognized by the NSA as an academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en