Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows 98 box is 'owned'; Re:

From: Glenn Sieb <ges () wingfoot org>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 00:38:42 -0400

GuidoZ said the following on 10/7/2004 2:26 AM:

=D I think I already posted my replies, so I'll save doing it a 2nd
time. lol Thanks for bringing it here too.
:) I saw you doing it and figured I'd bring it back over too... :)

Followup on your WSH idea: They are looking into it. Actually, me
bringing up my dislike as ActiveX being the only thing holding back
from going IE-Free was just enough to have them look at it again. They
are looking into using java instead of ActiveX. (!!!! yay !!!!)
WSH isn't perfect, but it's at least less-evil than ActiveX.

Now all I'm doing is waiting to see what they come up with. The WSH
isn't completely dead, although they admitted that it would most
likely be written for IE too. The java applet they create instead
would be cross platform AND cross browser. Thanks for the push to get
on them again!! I think it might work this time.
:) Java... dunno how much better that is than WSH, other than the fact it's multi-platform, at least... :))) *duck*

Best,
G.

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759