Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: MAC level authentication or filtering

From: "Roy Sgan-Cohen" <Roys () xor-t com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:26:48 +0200

We have a product that does MAC filtering and managing.
The product is called SWAT - Switch Access Control and you can find
information on it at -
http://www.xor-t.com/XorSite/Web/Templates/General.jsp?PageId=swat
In short, SWAT is monitoring every MAC that is found in the network and
prompts or blocks any unauthorized MAC.
There are a lot of extensions to this, including ESM support (OpenView,
Netview, etc.) to add MAC-IP mapping etc, Physical/Logical support (for
instance, you can set a MAC to be valid only in a specific
room/floor/switch/port etc.).
One of SWAT's major strengths is that it is very easy to implement and
does not require any other installations as clients, RADIUS servers, ios
upgrades, etc.

I will be happy to assist you in any way regarding any specific
information you need.

Sincerely,
Roy              Sgan-Cohen
Security Division Manager