Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Client End Firewalls

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:02:04 -0500

One thing to note about BlackICE... though this may of changed, last I
knew BlackICE was actually an exaggerated IDS and not as useful as it
should be for a firewall. There is plenty of arguement on both sides
of this debate, though I tend to agree that it's not the best choice.

Steve Gibson has written quite a bit on the topic:
 - http://www.google.com/search?&q=site%3Awww.grc.com+blackice

Then again, you'll always have your critics:
 - http://www.grcsucks.com/

I've met Steve and talked to him on a number of occations. Personally,
I think he's right on target with many of his articles. He's quite
knowledgable, not to mention helpful.

--
Peace. ~G