Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: home wireless router good practices for security

From: "Aditya [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ]" <aditya () online nailed org>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:39:19 +0530

1. wireless encryption wont make any nocicable diffence in your network performance
2. dont know
3. 3 suggestions
        a. install a personal firewall for your os
        b. setup a vpn if you are paranoid after you have enabled WEP - makes a 10% performance loss but worth it
        c. setup snort with the relevent signatures

-aditya