Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: home wireless router good practices for security

From: Jacob McMaster <jmcmaster () appliedsystems com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:42:30 -0600

 1)  not much

 2) You can always change it back to any when you leave, or XP has a feature
where it autodects

3)      VPN, also take their advise and use ma filtering, it helps, if you
can do with out DHCP leave that off, as i know a lot of "kiddies" can't seem
to read packets and get your network information, also you could change your
ip scheme from the non standard 192.168.x.x so they can't guess your network
info either