Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Harden a windows network

From: "John McCracken" <john () mccrackenassociates com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:06:59 -0600

The following are some of the references I use on occasion. There are many
other good hardening lists, some of which I post at:
http://www.mccrackenassociates.com/links/microsoft.htm

Windows 2000 Server Baseline Security Checklist:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
tools/chklist/w2ksvrcl.asp

Windows 2000 Professional Baseline Security Checklist:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
tools/chklist/w2kprocl.asp

SANS/FBI Top 20 List:
http://www.sans.org/top20/

Harding Windows 2000 by Philip Cox (PDF)
http://www.systemexperts.com/tutors/HardenW2K101.pdf

LabMice Windows 2000 Security Checklist
http://www.labmice.net/articles/securingwin2000.htm

Thanks!