Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network Access Quarantine

From: "Nagy Gergely" <gergely.nagy () is-energy hu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:57:02 +0100

It seems a good idea, but how could you prevent connecting the client from
the LAN? I mean if some client gets the "live" IP address and mybe hooked
some network worm, that it can infect the whole network before checking for
the compliance. I would need a "dummy" network scope with only one server
for the check process. After the compliance check has succedded it can have
a new ip address from the "live" IP scope. Or whatever.
Thankx for all of you for the answers, but I would need some more specific
way, how to start. I like the Cisco future solution, but I think that would
not be too cheap for us  to buy. Has anybody ever tested something like
this?
How does Blacice or Zone alarm Integrity Server works? Do I need a client
agent to work? Are the clients connecting to the "live" network, or a dummy
quarantine network?

Any help would be appreciated...

Br,

Gergely Nagy