Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Policies / drive mappings

From: "Mike" <mike () superiorholidayadventures ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:25:05 -0500

I don't know if that's possible.  You can map one drive letter in the
user's profile tab using the Home Folder properties.  You can also
redirect certain folders such as My Documents and their desktop.  I know
of no way of mapping network drives without using a logon script.

You could possibly login as the local administrator, map the drives
manually and then copy NTUSER.DAT to the Default User folder.  You would
have to remove the NTUSER.DAT from every user account (on every
machine).  I think this would only be useful if you were using images on
a new set of boxen.

Why do you have an aversion to logon scripts?

Mike Fetherston