Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network Access Quarantine

From: "Matthew Kemp" <mkemp () depaul edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:11:04 -0600

Nagy,

  There is a solution that universities have been using for awhile called NetReg <www.netreg.org>, there was a php
version that somebody was working at.  Note this technique is not 100% effective.  I had been working on a php version
that is available, but not updated.  If you mail me off list I can give you more information, remember that users in
the quarantine zone are still harmful to each other.

Matthew P Kemp
Service Engineer
Service Team, Networks & Telecom
Information Services, DePaul University
Phone: +01 312 362-7667

"Nagy Gergely" <gergely.nagy () is-energy hu> 01/21/04 01:49AM >>>
Hi all,

Do you have a solution for the following:

I would need a DHCP quarantine which works as a virtual lan or something.
The main role would be to check all the PCs that connect to the LAN for
security patches and viruses before leting them to connect to the real one.
If they comply to the company policy they can be forwarded to the real and
live network where they can work as usualy the do.

I have searched the net, but couldn't find anything like this. I could find
this solution for dial-in and VPN users, but not for local ones.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Greg

Ez a level virusellenorzesen esett at!

This message was checked against viruses!

Ez a level virusellenorzesen esett at!

This message was checked against viruses!

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!