Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Education and Security

From: "Gaydosh, Adam" <GaydoshA () ctcgsc org>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:21:20 -0400

dual-major!  You will ultimately want a balance of the skills offered by both degrees for your professional career..but
if you find that's not feasible, then I suggest you go for the BA, and take a few CS electives to round out your
technical background.  It is increasingly important that the techies can use their skills to enable business, not just
support it.  Also, I find that most undergradutate CS programs teach you core concepts, but often not much of the
actual technologies you will be working with out of school...so that you will have to continue your technical education
[even if only self-study] beyond undergraduate courses regardless of which major you choose...HTH!

-adam