Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Stop browsing the web through GP?

From: Phillip McCollum <pmccollum () sanmanuel com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:41:46 -0700

For those looking to control IE usage, consider this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ieak/default.asp

It's the Internet Explorer Administration Kit. When used in conjunction with GP, you can lock down web-surfing capabilities pretty well. Granted, the user might be able to install another browser, but allowing a user to install software is simply another security policy that needs to be addressed.

Phillip