Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: rpm deployment

From: Alvin Wong <alvin.wong () b2b com my>
Date: 22 Sep 2003 11:02:44 +0800

Hi,

Ximian's Red Carpet Enterprise solution could be the answer for you but
i have not evaluated it but seems promising if it can do all that it
says in the page below.

http://www.ximian.com/products/redcarpet_enterprise/features.html

Regards,
Alvin

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 05:28, m0use wrote:
On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 04:11, zidan wrote:
hello,

I have redhat machines distributed in various sites.
I wish to update these machines automatically, however I don't want to
open these boxes internet access to rhn up2date.

is there a solution to deploy these packages to all boxes ?

In my opinion one thing missing from the Enterprise Linux package is a "push" method of updating.  If I have 250
servers/workstations and I want to keep them up to date I have to touch each machine individually to make it happen.
We need an open source "push" method of updating.  Redhat SUS ?  Maybe Citadel will take my suggestion and make a
Linux only version of Hercules available for free.  That way we can use the same tool to push updates to Windows and
Linux servers.  Kent, Carl, Steve?  You hearing me?