Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Stop browsing the web through GP?

From: "Simon Taplin" <simont () pop co za>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:22:12 +0200

There are several things you can do, depending on how bright your users are.

1. Create a policy for the OU to just remove the IE icon from the desktop
2. Create a policy that restricts users from running iexplore.exe
3. Create a policy that sets IE to connect a non-existant IP/Proxy
name/setup policy to stop people from changing the IE settings.

Of course, none of these will help if your users can/know to install
Netscape/Mozilla/You browser here.

Simon

Quote for the day:
Systems Administration is the kind of job that nobody notices if you're
doing it well. People only notice when their systems are not working.