Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hiding IP in E-Mail..

From: Gedi <gediintheuk () yahoo co uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:47:25 +0100 (BST)

More information on sending anonymous mail via
remailers:

You can use Mixmaster, a program specially designed to
send anonymous
messages in a very secure way. The software is freely
available from
<ftp://mixmaster.anonymizer.com/>. If you use Windows,
you can use the
remailer client software Jack B. Nymle from
<http://www.bigfoot.com/~potatoware/jbn/>.

Mixmaster uses a message format based on RSA and
Triple-DES
encryption. Messages are multiply encrypted and
formatted so as to
appear identical to other Mixmaster messages. Message
are sent through
chains of remailers. Each remailer removes one layer
of encryption,
and forwards the message. When the final remailer
delivers the
decrypted message to the recipient, it is impossible
to find out where
it came from, even if part of the remailers in the
chain are
dishonest. At the time of this writing, Mixmaster
remailers are
operated independently be individuals in twelve
countries in America,
Asia, Australia and Europe.

                                *

The remailer accepts PGP-encrypted messages. You can
get the public
PGP key by sending mail with Subject: remailer-key to
<remailer () gacracker org>.

If you want to send an anonymous message, first create
a file with two
colons in the first line of your message, and the line
"Anon-To:
address" in the following line. Follow that with a
blank line and
begin your message. For example:

::
Anon-To: beth () example org

This is some anonymous mail.

Then, encrypt it with the PGP key of this remailer.
Finally, send
<remailer () gacracker org> a message that begins with
two colons
and the line "Encrypted: PGP", followed by your
encrypted message: