Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Basic Network Configuration

From: DRAx <dra.x () ifrance com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:14:46 +0000

Answeing a question in not a excuse for saying silly things :)

And since the person asking is obviously not *that* knowledgeable
on the subject we shouldn't put him on the wrong tracks by saying
silly things... No offence meant I'm sure you know what you're talking
about, it's the way you phrased it...

Drax

David Gillett wrote:

  DUH.

  The question that was asked was not "Should the firewall be
hardened and kept up to date with patches?"  It was "Should we
have one box with three interfaces, or two with two apiece?"
  Hardening and patching are OF COURSE important, but they don't
help answer the TOPOLOGY question.

David Gillett

FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
Learn how Solsoft can help you:
- Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
- Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
networks
- Quickly respond to network events from a central console

Download our FREE whitepaper at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_security-basics_031015