Security Basics mailing list archives

Can anyone recommend a good FTP over SSL/TLS Server on Solaris

From: "Raymer, Dan" <DRaymer () webmd net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:21:43 -0500

Another client, another requirement.  We have a client that wants to
establish a FTPS arrangement with us.  We have told them many times that
sftp would be a better method, but they are stuck on the whole SSL/TLS
thing.  With that in mind, I was wondering what the community thought about
the various FTP/SSL servers out there that will run on Solaris?

I have tried SafeTP (some issues with 64bit), ProFTP (but that last remote
root exploit has made me weary), and could find no documentation on glftpd,
and no documentation on lftp.  Open Source is not the only option for us
either.  Please feel free to recommend commercial products as well.[

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Raymer
Unix Systems Engineer
WebMD

FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
Learn how Solsoft can help you:
- Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
- Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
networks
- Quickly respond to network events from a central console

Download our FREE whitepaper at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_security-basics_031015