Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security Certs

From: "MeaCulpa" <meaculpa () punkass com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 22:52:58 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Phillip McCollum [mailto:pmccollum () sanmanuel com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 6:08 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: Security Certs

MCSE: Security info -
http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/mcp/mcse/security/windows2000.asp

This is also the track I'm currently on.  I've got my A+,
MCP, and CNA (Certified Novell Administrator, not a Cisco
typo.. :) ) I've got 3 tests left... The 70-220 (taking Oct.
10th, wish me luck), the
70-214 and the Security+.  I'm pretty well prepared for the
70-220, so I've already cracked open a Security+ book.  I
must say, I'd highly recommend taking this over the other
option (Microsoft's ISA) unless you specifically need the ISA
knowledge.  The Security+ is so much more broad in scope.

True, but ISA IS a requirement... Don't forget that please....

ISA Exam is peanuts though : ) Designing security too : )

mea