Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security Certs

From: "MeaCulpa" <meaculpa () punkass com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 22:51:56 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: David Gillett [mailto:gillettdavid () fhda edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 1:54 AM
To: 'Steve W. Manzuik'; 'DANIEL SIMPSON'; 'Meritt James'
Cc: 'Brian G.'; security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: Security Certs

  The Microsoft Cert consists of MCSE plus two additional
requirements, one of which can be met by the CompTIA
Security+ cert.  (That's the route I'm taking.)
Wrong. You need MCSE with Designing Security as elective. Then you need to
get the Implementing ISA (yeah, their wonderfull firewall...) and
Implementing Security (70-214) OR Security+. So you need either two or
three, depending on your elective. I still need to take 70-214, but soon I
will take SANS Track Incident Handling (took Firewalls already), so that
will take up enough time as it is...
mea