Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Distressing, possibly life threatening emails from free accounts (yahoo, hotmail

From: "list" <security () spectorsec com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:40:00 -0400

If the emails are truly life threatening or if the person "feels that
their life is in danger" it is against the law.  It is called aggravated
menacing and you should defiantly get your local law enforcement
officers involved.  THIS IS A CRIME.  We aren't talking about "spam" or
stupid stuff like that.  This person can be imprisoned.