Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How to obtain a yahoo username off a computer

From: Kerberus <kerberus () microbsd net>
Date: 11 Jun 2003 23:37:46 -0500

That would be true if he used the Yahoo Messenger, Lets take this a step
further though, say he isnt using the messenger client, your only hope
then to locate said id is from the browser cache, or a caching
proxy..... your chance could provide result with a recursive search
through the cache for the word yahoo.. though unlikely.... best bet
honestly an OpenBSD bridge running webspy, or urlsnarf will easily pick
that up... just have it tail the log output and it can be easily plugged
into the network and brought online while said person is at lunch or
something. word of caution if this is going to turn into a legal or HR
battle you better log everything and keep good records of what you did
and when.