Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Using non-printable characters in passwords

From: "Jay Woody" <jay_woody () tnb com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:31:02 -0500

Here is a listing of the alt keys.  I think there are hundreds out there
just like this.

Maybe this will give you some of the keys, you are looking for.

http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/maths/altchrc.htm

JayW

sbirl () temple edu 08/07/03 12:25PM >>>
Although I very much value the 4 responses I have received so far, I
think
I should clarify my original question better:

Are there any other keys (or combination thereof) besides, CTRL or
ALT,
that can be used?

Another question, it is possible to use CTRL + ALT +  <key>  at the
same time?   Where, obviously, <key> != DEL     :p

Third question:  Any good docs on CTRL combinations?

Right now Im limited to ^n  (avoiding ^a ^c ^e ^h ^i ^j ^m ^q ^s ^u ^?
etc. for obvious UNIX reasons)

Thanks again.

As it was written on Aug 6, thus I spake unto
security-basics () securityfocus com:

does one use
number of characters
article that said: