Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: I love you Author evidence ?

From: whitevampire () MINDLESS COM (White Vampire)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 13:25:31 -0400

On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 10:16:26PM -0500, Christofer C. Bell(cbell () JAYHAWKS NET) wrote:
: I just wanted to point out that not all the losses are in terms of
: shutdown email.  I know of several of that had their business' webservers
: impacted because Windows clients had the machines mounted via SMB
: filesharing (the web development group specifically) and the "worm"
: deleted the site's .jpg files.

        From what I read somewhere, the .JPG (et cetera) files are only
marked 'hidden' and are easily recoverable.

: This is just some additional insight on how the figure of $100M may have
: been reached.

        I find this and most alleged 'damage figures' to be extreme.

Regards,

--
   /  \    /  \   \ /   / White Vampire\Rem

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>