Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: I love you Author evidence ?

From: cbell () JAYHAWKS NET (Christofer C. Bell)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 22:16:26 -0500

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Thierry wrote:

(I wonder if shutting down mailservers creates millions of $ losses ?)

I just wanted to point out that not all the losses are in terms of
shutdown email.  I know of several of that had their business' webservers
impacted because Windows clients had the machines mounted via SMB
filesharing (the web development group specifically) and the "worm"
deleted the site's .jpg files.

I also heard of one company whose entire business is digital images being
impacted because they lost a goodly portion of their wares.  The losess
here aren't all measured in terms of lost productivity, but destruction of
goods and services offered by some content providers.

This is just some additional insight on how the figure of $100M may have
been reached.

--
Chris