Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: I love you Author evidence ?

From: edebill () MAIL PCORDER COM (Erik Debill)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 16:06:49 -0500

On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 07:34:31PM +0200, Roelof Temmingh wrote:
1. Every single bit of data is sent and received from cybercafes
2. All information submitted (realname, address etc) are fictious
3. All sessions are executed from different cybercafes.

Presumes the existence of cybercafes.  I live in Austin, TX (one of
the more wired cities in the country) and have yet to see one.  AOL
freebie accounts might work the same way (if used from other
people's/public phones)

4. Where possible, anonymizers are used to hide physical location.

Do those things actually get enough traffic do cover things as well as
they claim?  I seem to remember a lot of the arguments involved having
enough traffic to make individual messages hard to spot.

Now for the last bit...  What 15 year old is taking things seriously
enough to have the patience to do all this?  And if they do have the
patience, they're probably mature enough not to be launching these
crappy trojans.

Erik