nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper hardware recommendation

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 12:12:09 +0200

On 5/8/21 23:37, Baldur Norddahl wrote:

It is possible to get a 48V 6A DC power supply as a power brick laptop style. Just look at it as an external psu :-)

For the number of units we'd need to deploy, it doesn't make sense for us.

Easier to buy a UPS than try to convert AC to DC.

I will admit that we use them with 48 volt battery banks the way intended. It has become extremely cheap and easy to make your own with lithium iron phosphate batteries.

Yeah - I stopped messing around with DC for routers, switches and servers in 2007. Not going back to those days.

3 simple pins and a wall plug is all I need.

Mark.