nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper hardware recommendation

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 09:12:21 +0200

On 5/8/21 00:56, Mann, Jason via NANOG wrote:

We are using MX204's as our internet routers and I want to replace our ASR's with them to be used as an aggregate circuit router. With the amount of 10G/40G/100G interface and the price point we have been happy with them. The big issue was learning Junos since we are cisco shop

Terribly happy with the MX204. We've been running them for nearly 2 years now.

I just wish Juniper could make an MX204-lite, one with more 10Gbps port density, e.t.c.

We run it as a peering and Metro-E router.

Mark.