nanog mailing list archives

Re: [arin-ppml] NAT444 rumors (was Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...)

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:26:07 -0800

On Feb 18, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Zed Usser wrote:

--- On Sat, 2/19/11, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:
You only need to solve those problems to the
extent that there are meaningful things still
trapped in an IPv4-only world.
 Are you willing to bet that IPv4 address exhaustion will not result in IPv6-only hosts before we run out of
meaningful IPv4-only hosts?

- Zed

No, but, I am willing to bet that we will not meaningfully make the
situation better for those IPv4-only hosts or the IPv6-only hosts
attempting to reach them by any mechanism more efficient than
encouraging them to add IPv6 capability, whether or not that happens
after the fact.

Owen