Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft version.binding us now?

From: eilander () COBWEB NL (Thijs Eilander)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 01:31:49 +0200

Same here, every +/- 4 minutes they poll for our VERSION.BIND. I resolved
one of the ipnumbers to something.windowsupdate.com and I contacted the
technical contacts.

I appended their answer in my email.

I think I break their system because our nameservers won't accept queries
for domains we are not hosting. So their system won't get a result (except
for a 'query refused' or something) and will try again the next time when
someone from our iprange visits their site. Just my thoughts, I have no clue
if it's correct ;)